Thursday, July 14, 2005

Down time

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post. Why? Nothing has inspired me. I could write about the London bombings or about Karl Rove or stem cell research, but my plan for this blog was to write mostly about less-known stories and advocate for the little guys, with the hope of informing people about more than just the headlines they see in the newspaper rack as they walk down the street. Maybe I'm not paying as much attention lately, distracted by other things. Maybe the media haven't had a slow enough news day to report on other things. Or maybe it's just summer and I'm tired of thinking so hard. So in light of my own slow news day, I invite you to comment or email me pieces of information that you want to discuss. Don't worry if it's not a fully developed story--I'm happy to do a bit of research. Ignore the big news pieces and current political/religious/other issues, which are being blogged to death all over the world. I want to hear about the less-publicized things happening. What issues are you thinking about? What has caught your eye?

This offer is always on the table, even when I'm feeling less lazy and more informed. Lots of people tell me they'd love to have a blog but don't have the time/energy/faith in themselves to post on a semi-regular basis, or they have a blog with a different focus but they do keep up with the world around them. So let me do the work for y'all...sometimes. I promise to be non-discriminating, which means I won't choose suggested topics simply because I agree with the point of view. I may have my own obvious political sway but I welcome an open exchange of ideas and views. I want to learn more about the other sides of the issues too, if only to better whoop your ass in a debate.