Sunday, November 02, 2008

New food advice

I just found a new source of information on timely and practical cooking advice, as well as some new recipes: Washington Post food blogger Kim O'Donnel. In the past week, I have made her pumpkin pancake and onion tart recipes, much to my delight. Spicy sweet potato soup is up next. Meatless Mondays are especially fantastic. My discovery happily coincides with my dedication to cooking more. Yum.

By the way, I tried, I really did, to adapt to soaking, cooking, and reheating dried beans, but all it did was force me into boring and less-healthy eating patterns. Using dried beans takes a fair amount of time and forethought, and the beans I do cook just end up going bad in the fridge before I can finish them. So I'm going back to canned. Sorry, environment. Sorry, wallet. Actually, maybe not. How much does it cost to fire up three gas range burners for an hour? Perhaps cans really are the better choice...